Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 187

Thread: 2007 football schedules

  1. #101
    Inactive Member buck73's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Haysi would've also been runner-up in '04 but would've had a shot against Franklin. </div></div>

    I totally disagree. There is no way in the world that Haysi would have had a chance against Franklin. Franklin was the biggest AND fastest team that I have seen in a long time. They're running back, Donielle Babb had the <span style="color: #FF0000">potential</span> to become one of the best running backs to come out of the state of Virginia.
    Haysi has had some good tems in the past few years but I seriously doubt if they could have beaten Burton in Div 1.
    Macho Man
    [img]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2007/11/01/2003988995.jpg[/img]

    2007 ACC Champions!

  2. #102
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do believe they would have been runner up though.</div></div>

    I doubt that. Norton would have beaten them in the regionals.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  3. #103
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Norton was definitely better in '06. I'm convinced that Haysi was the better team in '04 and '05. '03 would be hard to say...based on common opponents I would have to give Haysi the slight edge that year as well. '06 was probably the best team Norton's had in 30+ years and maybe ever. Haysi in division 1 last year would not have affected the outcome of anything except maybe Appy being the runner up.

  4. #104
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trumpet1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do believe they would have been runner up though.</div></div>

    I doubt that. Norton would have beaten them in the regionals. </div></div>


    Last year yes but not in 05 or 04 IMHO Haysi would have won both of those years

  5. #105
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Yeah I don't think they could've handled Babb either. I just felt they would've matched up better against Franklin than against WC. Franklin was pretty much a one man show and Haysi does pretty good against those types of teams traditionally. I do believe Haysi would've beaten Burton in both of those years though('04 and '05).

  6. #106
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I think Counts and I see things pretty much the same way.

  7. #107
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Yep while looking at common opponents is not always the best way to go lets look at the 04 season

    Castlewood - Norton Wins 42-0 Haysi Wins 36-0 (Both teams beat them like a rented mule)

    Twin Valley - Norton wins 61-12 Haysi Wins 57-0 (Again both teams win EASY)

    Hurley - Norton wins 53-6 Haysi Wins 43-0 (Both teams would still have to be considered equles)

    Pound - Norton wins 7-0 Haysi wins 30-6 (Norton was one blown coverage and a 2pt conversion from loseing that game while Pound was a road bump for Haysi)

    Clintwood - Norton loses 14-0 Haysi wins 21-14 (a 7 point win vs a 14 point loss advantage Haysi)

    Haysi missed the Div2 playoffs in 04 with a 9-1 record but IMHO would have been playing in the state game had they been in Div1

  8. #108
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    You are absolutely right Counts. Haysi was atleast a TD better than the state runner up in Div 1 and they didn't even make the playoffs in div 2 that year.

  9. #109
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Heck, if RC had been D1 that year, Haysi would have been in the D2 playoffs, and in my opinion, RC would have given JIB a run for their money in the D1 title game.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #110
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Yeah they did give PV a pretty tough game down at Bullitt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •